8 Ways to be Ready for an Emergency
As we all know weather can cause us to face power outages, fires, trees falling on our house, wind damage, ice damage and as we approach Spring, storms and tornadoes.
Make sure you are ready to face any emergency or crisis. Here are some items you should have prepared and readily accessible.
1. flashlight with fresh (and extra) batteries
2. emergency medical kit fully stocked with items for would care, pain management, allergic reactions, etc.
3. go bag with a couple of changes of clothes, medications, toiletries
4. plastic bag with copies of your vital documents (think about the house burning down and everything is destroyed) such as birth certificates, driver's licenses, passports, adoption papers, social security cards, medical records
5. food items to get you through a few days like bottled water, protein bars, instant foods that mix with water
6. Cash (you might not have access to a bank for a while)
8. the right bag (remember you might have to run with it), and keep them in the same area so you can easily grab them if you need to leave in a hurry
Also practice your escape route. The more it is embedded in your mind, the more likely you are to remember what to do when your adrenaline is pumping and you are in the heat of the moment.